Guided Walks Around Hay-On-Wye,
Herefordshire & Brecon Beacons
At Walk Hay we specialise in providing guided walks around Hay-On-Wye, Herefordshire & Brecon Beacons.
Discover the stunning hills & valleys around the historic town of Hay-on-Wye. We have Castles, Forests, Dingles, the Mighty Wye River, Ancient Stones, Sculptures, and Stunning Views of the Black Mountains & the Brecon Beacons National Park.
Our walks are ideal for groups or couples, locals and tourists, families, friends, or perhaps you would like a walking guide as a single traveller.
Optimise your time outdoors by booking your place on a group event walk, come on one of our guided walking weekends, or hire a professional walking guide for a bespoke experience.
'A walk in nature walks the soul back home'
Event Walks Coming Up
- Sun, Dec 10LlandoveryDec 10, 2023, 9:30 AMLlandovery, Halfway Forest, Llandovery SA20 0AJ, UK
- Fri, Dec 29Main car parkDec 29, 2023, 10:00 AM – 12:00 PMMain car park, Hay-on-Wye, Hereford HR3, UKDec 29, 2023, 10:00 AM – 12:00 PMMain car park, Hay-on-Wye, Hereford HR3, UKCome everyone, adults, kids, grannies, uncles, dogs etc. on a short guided circular walk from Hay-on-Wye in that Twixmas period, you know the boring bit between the excitment! Get those Reindeer antlers on and get some fresh air after all that turkey, raising money for Action for children!
- Sat, Jan 06Main Car ParkJan 06, 2024, 10:00 AMMain Car Park, Talgarth, Brecon LD3 0PG, UKJan 06, 2024, 10:00 AMMain Car Park, Talgarth, Brecon LD3 0PG, UKIf you need to get moving after Christmas & fancy giving countryside walking a try, this course of easy walking is for you. x6 2.5 hour guided walks each Saturday morning led by Sarah Price, who is a professional walking guide & also has a background in fitness coaching too.
- Sun, Jan 14Craig y Cilau small car park,Jan 14, 2024, 10:00 AMCraig y Cilau small car park,, Llangattock, Crickhowell NP8 1LG, UKJan 14, 2024, 10:00 AMCraig y Cilau small car park,, Llangattock, Crickhowell NP8 1LG, UKA circular 8.5 mile Guided Walk in the stunning Brecon Beacons National Park, with stunning views, cliffs, woods, & the Brecon to Monmouth Canal. No mountain tops, but still a challenging and varied route to enjoy & remember.
- Wed, Feb 07Brobury House lay-byFeb 07, 2024, 10:30 AMBrobury House lay-by, Bredwardine Hill, Brobury, Hereford HR3 6BS, UKFeb 07, 2024, 10:30 AMBrobury House lay-by, Bredwardine Hill, Brobury, Hereford HR3 6BS, UKA short guided walk walking on the glorious red-brick bridge over the Wye river, then we stroll through a significant historical area at Bredwardine with its church, & it's ancient settlement. Hopefully there will be snowdrops everywhere! We finish with soup at Brobury House.
- Wed, Feb 14Cusop Village HallFeb 14, 2024, 10:00 AMCusop Village Hall, Cusop, Hereford HR3 5RW, UK
- Sat, Feb 24community centreFeb 24, 2024, 10:00 AM – 4:15 PMcommunity centre, Llangorse, Brecon LD3 7TR, UKFeb 24, 2024, 10:00 AM – 4:15 PMcommunity centre, Llangorse, Brecon LD3 7TR, UKWould you like to feel more confident when out walking? Would you like to be able to plan your own walks? Would you like to learn the skills that can help if you are unsure of your exact location? A beginners easy day's workshop.
- Sat, Mar 02St Michael's churchMar 02, 2024, 10:00 AMSt Michael's church, Michaelchurch village, Herefordshire, HR2 8LD, UKMar 02, 2024, 10:00 AMSt Michael's church, Michaelchurch village, Herefordshire, HR2 8LD, UKA chance to walk this beautiful section of the new 'Golden Valley Pilgrim Way'. 12 miles, 4 churches, & a castle, (this is the fourth walk of a series we will be doing covering the 60 mile route in day sections over the next 6 months). People of faith, & none are welcome.
- Mon, Apr 08Llangasty Retreat House, (near Llangors)Apr 08, 2024, 4:00 PM – Apr 10, 2024, 4:00 PMLlangasty Retreat House, (near Llangors), Llangasty Retreat House, Llangasty, Brecon LD3 7PX, UKApr 08, 2024, 4:00 PM – Apr 10, 2024, 4:00 PMLlangasty Retreat House, (near Llangors), Llangasty Retreat House, Llangasty, Brecon LD3 7PX, UKA ‘lightly led’ Walking 2-day mid-week Retreat in the beautiful surroundings of the Welsh Brecon Beacons National Park, based at the amazingly peaceful Llangasty Retreat House overlooking Llangorse lake.
- Fri, May 10The Chaffhouse, LlangennithMay 10, 2024, 6:30 PM – May 12, 2024, 4:30 PMThe Chaffhouse, Llangennith, Llangennith, Swansea SA3 1HT, UKMay 10, 2024, 6:30 PM – May 12, 2024, 4:30 PMThe Chaffhouse, Llangennith, Llangennith, Swansea SA3 1HT, UKSpend a weekend in the company of other women walking in the stunning setting of the Gower Peninsula South Wales. Walking, laughing, eating, & a possible dip in the sea if you fancy it too! 'Connect with nature & eachother'
- Fri, May 17The Castle InnMay 17, 2024, 6:00 PM – May 19, 2024, 5:00 PMThe Castle Inn, Knucklas, Knighton LD7 1PW, UK
- Mon, May 27Lord's Wood car parkMay 27, 2024, 10:00 AMLord's Wood car park, Whitchurch, Herefordshire, HR9 6DU
- Mon, Jun 10Wigwam Holidays, Lower LlandewiJun 10, 2024, 4:00 PM – Jun 14, 2024, 10:30 AMWigwam Holidays, Lower Llandewi, Builth Wells LD2 3UQ, UK
- Fri, Jun 21The Castle InnJun 21, 2024, 6:00 PM – Jun 23, 2024, 5:00 PMThe Castle Inn, Knucklas, Knighton LD7 1PW, UK
- Mon, Jul 01Wigwam Holidays, Lower LlandewiJul 01, 2024, 4:00 PM – Jul 05, 2024, 10:30 AMWigwam Holidays, Lower Llandewi, Builth Wells LD2 3UQ, UK
Book a Walk for your Group/Family
"I thoroughly recommend Walk Hay/Sarah Price! We live in the Netherlands and were on holiday with my 83-year-old father who lives in the UK.
Sarah curated two magnificent walk routes for us.
It was amazing for all of us, and we will remember our walk for years to come.
I hope we visit the area again and can use her services!"
Mandy August 22
Walks to Suit you
If you would like to choose your own length, grade, type of walk, area, & perhaps take in a lunch stop at a hotel or a pub,
then exclusive bespoke Private Guided walking is for you.
Our Guiding service is great for individuals, couples, families, or small groups.
We know the local paths so you don’t have to worry about the planning and navigating – we do that for you! Just relax and enjoy your walk. It's great for a birthday or celebration perhaps, giving your loved ones a tailor-made experience that they will love.
We can put together walks in the beautiful countryside around Hay-on-Wye, or slightly further afield such as Talgarth, Llanthony Valley, Talybont, Brecon, Kington, Llangorse, or the Golden Valley etc. We know the best walks in Brecon Beacons, that aren't necessarily the famous Pen-y-Fan mountain, but just as spectacular..
Bespoke private guiding is available any day of the week, subject to availability.
You also have the option to book now and choose your walk later.
Simply get in touch to discuss your requirements
Private Guiding Fees
Fees start from *:
Short guided walk (up to 1.5 hrs duration) - from £55
Half day guided walk (approx. 3 to 3.5 hrs) - from £95
Full day guided walk (approx. 5.5 to 7 hrs) - from £199
*For groups up to 8 people. Additional people £10 pp half day or £18 pp whole day. Max. group size of 13 applies.
For larger groups, an additional guide may be required. Please contact us for a quote.
"Thank you, Sarah, for your knowledge of the area & taking us on some great walks, can’t recommend Sarah enough, looking to come back again and explore more of the Beacons" Claire July 2022
Where to stay?